Colleen CulletonAssociate Professor
905 Clemens Hall
Office Hours: Spring 2017 - Wednesday, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- B.A., Spanish, Geography, Political Science, Clark University, 1996
- M.A., Spanish, Middlebury College, 1996
- Ph.D., Hispanic Studies, Cornell University, 2002
Courses Regularly Taught
- SPA 302: Spanish Literature, 1700-present
- SPA 327: Spanish Culture & Civilization
- Spanish Civil War
- Spain since 1981
- Modern Spanish and Catalan literature and culture
- Spatial analysis
- Theories of narrative
- Literary Labyrinths in Franco-Era Barcelona: Narrating Memory and Place. London: Routledge, 2016.
- “’The Knowledge of this People’: Mapping a Global Consciousness in Catalonia (1379-2009).” Spectacle and Topophilia: Reading Early Modern and Postmodern Hispanic Cultures. Ed. David R. Castillo. 2011.
- “Pla’s Voices(s) of Authority.” Journal of Catalan Studies (2007): 25-37.
- “Josep Pla, Geographer: The Presence of Landscape in El pagès i el seu món.” Romance Quarterly (2006).
- “Daedalus’s Wings: The Effects of Temporal Distance in La Plaça del Diamant.” Catalan Review (2002).