Jeannette LudwigAssociate Professor Emerita
- Ph.D., Romance Linguistics, University of Michigan
- M.A., Theology, Christ the King Seminary
- B.A., French, Drake University
Courses Regularly Taught
- FR 486/586: Islam in France
- FR 420/501: History of the French Language
- FR 481/556 & SPA 453/551: Comparative Romance Linguistics
- FR 349: Stylistics and Translation
- FR 404/504: Structure of French
- Second Language Acquisition
- Historical Linguistics
- Comparative Religion
- “Students Interrogate Buddhism: Using the Reader Response Technique to Enhance Classroom Interaction.” Education about Asia 15.2 (Fall 2010): 55-58 + online supplement.
- with Jack Meacham. “Faculty and Students at the Center: Faculty Development for General Education Courses.” The Journal of General Education 50.4 (2001): 254-69.
- “Vocabulary Acquisition as a Function of Word Characteristics.” Canadian Modern Language Review/La Revue Canadienne des Langues Vivantes 40.4 (May 1984): 552-62.
- “Attitudes and Expectations: A Profile of Female and Male Students of College French, German, and Spanish.” Modern Language Journal 67.3 (Autumn 1983): 216-27.
- “Native Speaker Judgments of Second-Language Learners’ Efforts at Communication.” Modern Language Journal 66.3 (Autumn 1982): 274-83.
- “The Cognitive Method and Error Analysis: A New Horizon.” Foreign Language Annals 12.3 (May 1979): 209-213.