Laura ChiesaAssociate Professor
927 Clemens Hall
Office Hours: Spring 2017 - Tuesday, 3:00-4:00 p.m.; Thursday, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Laurea, Facoltà di Lettere e Filosofia, Università di Pisa
- D.E.A, Philosophy, École Des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales, Paris
- Ph.D., Comparative Literature, UCLA
Courses Regularly Taught
- ITA322. Italian Conversation and Civilization II
- ITA405. Italian Youth Culture from the 1960s to Today
- ITA410. Modern Italian Studies: Italian Avant-Garde and Neo-Avant-Garde
- ITA415: Italian Modern Novel from Manzoni to the Present
- ITA422. Modern Italian Studies: Landscapes in Literature and Cinema
- ITA429/DMS 429: Italian Cinematic Histories and Poetics
- Modern and Contemporary Italian and French Studies
- Critical Theory, Architecture, Film and Visual Studies
- Space as Storyteller: Spatial Jumps in Architecture, Critical Theory, and Literature. Chicago: Northwestern University Press, 2016.
- “Des chantiers potentiels: une conversation avec Enrique Walker.” Formules 17: Constrained Worlds – Mondes Contraints. Ed. Christelle Reggiani, Christophe Reig and Hermes Salceda (June 2013): 39-51.
- “Superstudio Double-Take: Rescue Operations in the Realms of Architecture,” Neoavanguardia. Italian Experimental Literature and Arts in The 1960s. Ed. Paolo Chirumbolo, Mario Moroni and Luca Somigli. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2010. Pages 283-319.
- “The Filmic Emergence of New Behaviors Out of the Supersurface”
- Formules 14: Formes urbaines de la création contemporaine. Co-edited with Jan Baetens and Bernardo Schiavetta. (June 2010).
- “Transnational Multimedia: Fortunato Depero’s Impressions of New York City (1928-1930).” California Italian Studies. Ed. Claudio Fogu and Lucia Re (2010).
- “Italo Calvino and Georges Perec: the Multiple and Contrasting Emotions of Cities and Puzzles.” Romanic Review. Special issue: “Italy and France: Imagined Geographies.” Ed. Laura Wittman. 97.3-4 (May-Nov. 2006): 401-421.