Maureen JamesonAssociate Professor
901 Clemens Hall
Office Hours: Spring 2017 - Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- B.A., French language and literature, Vanderbilt University, 1975
- M.A., French language and literature, Princeton University, 1978
- Ph.D., French language and literature, Princeton University, 1980
Courses Regularly Taught
- FR 211/212: Introduction to French language and culture
- FR 305: Reading French Historians
- FR 350: Modern French Short Story
- FR 525: French for Reading Knowledge
- FR 482: The Image of Smoking and the Smoker in French literature and culture
- 19th, 20th, and 21st century French literature and society
- Digital Humanities
- 19th and early 20th century French novel
- French history
- Cognitive Science
- Science and society
- The image of smoking and the smoker in French and francophone culture
- “De Villequier à Pont-l’Evêque: un palimpseste flaubertien?” La Revue des Lettres Modernes: Histoire des Idées et des Littératures. 1165-1172 (1994):169-86.
- “Mediation, parasitism, and intertextuality in La Chartreuse de Parme.” French Forum3 (Sept. 1992): 261-79.
- “Volupté: récit d’un crime.” Romanic Review 85.1 (Jan. 1994): 49-63.
- “Métonymie et trahison dans L’Education sentimentale.” Nineteenth-Century French Studies4 (1991): 566-582.
- “Some thoughts on Flaubert and Intertextuality.” Mid-Hudson Language Studies2 (1989): 65-74.
- “Promises and Challenges of Digital Libraries and Document Image Analysis: A Humanist’s Perspective.” Proceedings of the 2004 International Workshop on Document Image Analysis for Libraries. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, 2004.