Stephanie SchmidtAssistant Professor
909 Clemens Hall
Office Hours: Spring 2017 - Tuesday, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 12:45 p.m-2:45 p.m.
- Ph.D., Stanford University
- M.A., New York University
- B.A., Scripps College
Courses Regularly Taught
- SPA 509. Seminar in Latin American Colonial Literature
- SPA 304. Early Spanish American Literature
- SPA 328. Spanish American Culture and Civilization
- SPA 210: How to Read a Spanish Text
- Colonial Latin American literature
- Nahuatl Studies
- Early Modern Spanish literature
- “God in Ilhuicac, Christ in Anahuac: Encountering the Christian Deity in a Nahuatl Song-Dance of the Sixteenth Century.” The Latin Americanist 59.1 (2015): 87-99.
- “Molina’s Vocabularios in Spanish and Nahuatl.” The Gilcrease Journal 19.2 (2012): 67-76.
- “Tlacuilolli.” Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics. Ed. Roland Greene and Stephen Cushman. 4th ed, Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2012.