Recent Graduate Alumni
Spring 2016 Graduates
- Yu-Ju Hung , “Tense and aspect in Mandarin Chinese and Spanish: Contrasts manifested in the Mandarin translation of Javier Maria’s Corazón tan blanco” (Dr. Jorge Guitart), February 2016. Adjunct Instructor, University at Buffalo, NY.
- Tanya Farnung-Morrison, “The Andalusian Faces of Spanishness: Myth, Icons and Identity in Andalusian Theatre of the Second Republic, ” (Dr. Colleen Culleton), May 2016. Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Spanish and French, Truckee Meadows Community College, Reno, NV.
- Isabelle Fournier, “La Considération éthique des ȇtres non humains dans la science-fiction québécoise,”(Dr. Jean-Jacques Thomas), May 2016. Visiting Assistant Professor of French, Trent University, Peterborough, ON, Canada.
- Nicole Bojko, “Architectures of Angst: Spatial Poetics in 20thCentury Existential Literature,” (Dr. Jean-Jacques Thomas), May 2016. Lecturer in French, Buffalo State College, NY.
- Dany Jacob, “Psychoanalyse du dandy comme anti-dox: cessation, contestation, dysfonctionnement culturel dominant,” (Dr. Jean-Jacques Thomas), May 2016. Visiting Assistant Professor, Michigan Tech, Houghton, MI.
- Lena Marilee Taub, “Towards an Aesthetics of Movement: Body, Language and Space in Francophone and Hispanic Caribbean Literature,” (Dr. Christian Flaugh), May 2016. Tenure-track Assistant Professor of French, California State University/Bakersfield, CA.
Spring and Summer 2015 Graduates
- Reyna Vergara, “The Omnipotence of Ideology: The Struggle for Redemption in La Divina reclusa (1938), Respuesta a Sor Filotea (1691), and El Periquillo sarniento (1816)” (Dr. Margarita Vargas), May 4, 2015. Foreign Language Department Chair, The Gow School, South Wales, NY.
- Andrea Peréz-Mukdsi, “The Music of Silence: Neobaroque and Exile in the Narrative of Julio Cortázar” (Dr. David Castillo), May 11, 2015. Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Spanish, University of North Georgia.
- Jesús Muñoz, “La mirada barroca: Opacidad y transparencia” (Dr. David Castillo), June 22, 2015
- Michael Martínez-Raguso, “(De)forming Woman: Images of Feminine Political Subjectivity in Latin American Literature, from Disappearance to Femicide” (Dr. Justin Read), July 20, 2015. Visiting Assistant Professor of Spanish, Colby College, Maine.
- Laura Arribas Tome, “The Paradox of Pilgrimage: Cultural Representations of the Camino de Santiago in Contemporary Spain” (Dr. Colleen Culleton), August 10, 2015. Spanish Teacher, Nichols School, Buffalo.
Spring 2014 Graduates
- Beth A. Kuberka, “Modes of Reproduction: Gender, Subjectivity, and Familial Relations in Southern Cone Literature since 1950” (Dr. Justin Read) May 2nd 2014. Spanish Teacher, Queen of Heaven School, West Seneca, NY.
- Sarah A. Hart, “Loss of the Old Spanish -udo participle: A Corpus Based Study” (Dr. Jorge Guitart) May 12th 2014. Adjunct Instructor, D’Youville College.
- Brian Philips, “Social Illness Embodied: Pícaros, Converts and Free Women in the Literature of the Golden Age” (Dr. David Castillo) Jun 30th 2014. Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Spanish, Jackson State University, MS.
- Olivier Le Blond, “Homosocialité francophone: écriture identitaire dans la littérature contemporaine du Maghreb arabo-musulman” (Dr. Christian Flaugh) March 27th 2014. Tenure-track Assistant Professor of French, University of North Georgia.
- Aubrey Kubiak, “Love and Labor: Representations of the Female Body in Québécois Literature from 1882-1970” (Dr. Christian Flaugh) May 15th 2014. Tenure-track Assistant Professor of French, Weber State University, Ogden, Utah.
Fall 2014 Graduates
- Valerie Hastings, “Les Formes de L’Humain. Volatilité des Frontières dans le Roman Francophone Autofictionnel Contemporain” (Dr. Jean-Jacques Thomas) November 11th 2014. Tenure-track Assistant Professor of French, University of North Georgia.